Home

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello.... anyone out there??

This won't be a long post even though it could have been incredibly long given the gap in communication. I just thought I would start by saying hello and give you a brief run down of everything I have been up to and then I will do smaller posts about each of those things. Is that good?

So when we last met, I was preparing for Chloe's Birthday party and the Stitches and Craft Show. I also had several projects to work on but I can't tell you about those or I'd have to kill you.

Kidding!! I will let you in on those as they pop up in the magazine world. I have also created another Audrey and Maude pattern but more about that later.

And my computer died on me! But I'll save all those stories for another day.

This post I will devote to a little photo run down of Chloe's 9th Birthday party and I will continue with other stuff later this week.

So...we started with a little cupcake decorating and much finger licking!

Chloe's 9th Birthday party Cupcake decorating

And they made a few chocolates.

Chloe's 9th Birthday party chocolate making

Next I took out my fabric scrap boxes, some stamps and some paper and asked them to design their own placemat to use at the dinner table.

Chloe's 9th Birthday party placemat making

They concentrated very hard on this and came up with a heap of gorgeous ideas. They used them for dinner and then took them home.

Chloe's 9th Birthday Party dinner

Lots of yummy nachos and heaps of giggling.

Chloe's 9th Birthday party

After dinner fun with some silly string.

Chloe's 9th Birthday Party Silly String

And of course... yummy icecream Birthday cake.

Brithday Cake

Happy 9th Birthday my gorgeous girl!!

Birthday Candles

The next day we went and had her ears pierced! Ahh so grown up already. Where did all that time go?

I promise you will hear from me again soon!!

22 comments:

LissyLou said...

Glad to see you back!! Fabulous party - great cake, chocs and placemats - love it! x

Unknown said...

Pierced ears - now she is most definitely a grown up girl!
As the mother of a 9 yr old girl, make sure you keep a bottle of something stiff in the cupboard - those hormones start to kick in any time around now, and you will need it in order to keep your sanity ;)

Andi said...

What a gorgeous party!
What a lovely mum!
Glad to have you back.
Andi :-)

stormygirl said...

Great to see you back Lou! Sorry we had to run the other day, but will hopefully catch up soon...life is just a bit mad at the moment! Looking forward to hearing about the show and your other projects!

Looks like everyone had a fantastic time at Chloe's party!

bec said...

Wow, Chloe looks so much like you! And that party looks great, must remember to ask you for ideas when mine is older!! Mine got hers pierced for her 4th b'day, it is a big occasions, they cope better than us mum's! Give us more posts!

Christina said...

Even tough I see you nearly everyday.....I love to read what you have been up to! Good to see you back!

Love Christina xx

Beth said...

Yah! Louise is back! Glad you survived a roomful of nine-year-olds and Stitches and Craft!

Thimbleanna said...

Yay! A flash from Louise!!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time at the birthday party -- just that cupcake alone would make it all so worth it LOL! Please don't kill anyone -- but you know we REALLY want to know those secrets!

Valerie said...

So cute -- love the placemat idea! And I'm glad you're back -- your blog is one of my favorites...:)

nannergirl said...

Party looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for all the cute ideas :)

Melody said...

I feel like I have been missing in action too! Lol!!

What a fabulous b'day party. Happy (belated) 9th Birthday dear Chloe.

BTW, my word verification is 'makies' - very appropriate one thinks to your post!

Kellie said...

Good to see you here again! I know that party was a blast!!!! Meg had an absolute ball!!!! How many days now until earring change over????
We also did the whole new computer system thing on Monday ...

Anonymous said...

nice to hear from you again , looks like they all had a great time, looking forward to seeing what you have been up to :-)
lisa x

Philigry said...

oemember when i got my ears pierced! so exciting. the partylooks like so much fun, and i am hungry reading about it.
how is surface coming? i can not wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous girl you have. Great party ideas too. They do grow faster than you can blink.
Ann Mariexx

Anonymous said...

Silly string is all good fun until it is time to clean it up!

She looks so happy for her birthday - well done to you!

Nikki said...

Oh, you're SO RIGHT about Lucinda's artwork!! Isn't she a gifted little girl?

What a gorgeous birthday party! I failed "birthday party" school but you were obviously dux of the class.

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Yay! your back. Your daughter is blessed to have such a fun and crafty mommy. We are waiting to get our girls ears pierced too. I remember that special day when I went with my mom and my best friend to get mine done. They grow up way too fast.

Corrie said...

oh looks like a great girls party!!! nothing like a party at home....how good does that ice cream look!

Corrie:)

a friend to knit with said...

oh, i am so late to the party!!!!

happy belated to your sweet girl!

Jodie said...

What a fun party!!! I bet all the girls had an amazing time especially the b'day girl...

Take Care
Jodie :)

Kate North said...

Looks like a lovely day - I shan't let my 9YO see, though, as she's not allowed to have her ears pierced until she's 11. :)