Home

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mission Accomplished!!

Finally I can show you some pictures of the apron I made for the very lovely Cathy of Miss Marzie fame. She received her parcel today and by all accounts she loves it!

So bear with me as I have taken lots of photos and want to share them all because I was really pleased with the way it all turned out.



I love aprons and I love making aprons.



So when this swap came up I leapt at the opportunity.



Lucky, lucky me I was matched with Cathy and after looking at her blog and all her photos I just wanted to make her something really pretty and pink.



My inspiration was from this lovely 'Romantic Homes' magazine a girlfriend bought for me not too long ago.



She knows I love making aprons and found this wonderful article full of gorgeous pictures of aprons.



And the fabrics are some of my favourites.



After looking online for the new Sis Boom fabrics, lo and behold Amitie got them in the same week. It is such a big print I had to be careful cutting it so I used part of a pattern and modified it to suit the way the flowers fell. I just love the green diagonal gingham - just perfect apron fabric. And then, of course, I had to add some girlie frills.

I also wanted to do something pretty with the packaging.



Another girlfriend recently bought me a pink plastic apple basket which was immediately taken by Chloe! I thought it would be cute to send the apron in it (not Chloe's basket, a new one).



And then I found the apple dish cloth pattern. I have wanted to knit one of these for ages and it was really easy and quick.



The cookie recipe and card I copied from the Alice May Classic Biscuits book. They just seemed perfect with the 50's style apron.



I really enjoy the swap process, it gives me so much pleasure making something for someone else as a surprise. And even better, I have made a new friend! Cathy, I am so glad you like it.

26 comments:

Ali said...

What an amazing apron (and swap parcel). The apple basket is the perfect packaging!

Christina said...

LOVE love love everything in that littele apple basket. It is the most gorgeous apron I have seen since the one you made for me. The apple dish cloth tops the package off.

Lisa K. said...

You're a very generous and talented swapper! Love the apron, the dishcloth, and the apple basket. Very pretty.

paper-and-string said...

you should be very proud of your swap package, Cathy sure is a lucky lady :-)
I think your apron is gorgeous.

Jade said...

Beautiful apron and all the trimmings, Louise! And I heart the apple basket...how fun.

Melody said...

Gorgeous!! Simply gorgeous. I love the way you wrapped up the parcel too. I would have been thrilled to recieve something like that in the post. Lucky Cathy. Clever you!

Cathy said...

Hi Louise, when I received this gorgeous package, I was just so excited. I could tell by the beautiful it was wrapped that it was something special. Then when I did open it - magnificent. Unfortunately, the photos really do not do it justic. It is just gorgeous, and the dish cloth and everything else you sent.
thank you so much, this has been such a wonderful swap and I can't believe that you don't know me in person at all.

what you did was just perfect and I love it. Unfortunately, the apron looks so much better on your model than on me!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous apron: too lovely to sully with cooking debris. It should be worn as lounging attire I think!!!

Tamara said...

Louise, I have know Cathy for thirteen years and I can't believe how amazing your apron is for her. It is jusCathy all over. It is beautifully made and I love the design. I have been wanting to make one just like that for such a long time. You are one clever girl.

julia said...

What a gorgeous apron, I wouldn;t even know where to start making that one!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, believe me I only show the nice, tidy bits of our house, lots of the rooms are a total mess, but I keep those a secret!

Julia x

Abby said...

Hi Louise,
I have just checked out ur awsome blog.... wow u have some amazing work on here.... very inspiring... thanx for checking out my blog I would love a copy of any tea cosy patterns u have....
luv Abby

Ragged Roses said...

What a beautiful apron. Love the colours and fabric. Miss Marzie has every right to be thrilled!
Kim x

Thimbleanna said...

OHMYGOSH Louse! That apron is gorgeous! As is the whole package!!! Did you use a pattern? I love making aprons too -- that style would be perfect for my soon-to-be DIL. Great combo of colors and everything! Fantastic Job!!!!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

That apron is absolutely fabulous!! You should sell them in shops-I love it!!

Amy said...

Oh Louise... What a beautiful job you have done on this apron...just love it !!! Love the diagonal gingham to...and the ruffle edges...so lovely... and your packaging...just so darn cute and thoughtful !!!!

One question...How did you do your name on the apron...was that machine embroidery ??? Looks fabulous !!!!!!!

Hear Me Roar! said...

I found you from Tif's dottie angel blog, and I LOVE your apron and the packaging. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

gorgous apron! And what a fab basket to go with it.

Perfect match. Lucky swap!!

Anonymous said...

i'm not one for florals and pinks together..but this is gorgeous! truly.

The Wooden Spool said...

I found this gorgeous apron over on Jennifer Paganelli's blog! I LOVE THIS DELIGHTFUL APRON! The gingham ruffles set it off so nicely! Well done! You do such lovely work! I am glad I found your fun blog! (from Laurie in California)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous apron, and the packaging is almost as special!

Nicki said...

I just found your blog via Domesticali and i HAD to comment on that apron. I think it is the most delightful apron i've ever seen, just gorgeous, and everything else is the icing on the cake!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I love this apron! If I am successful at making the apron in your tutorial, do you think I have much chance of making this one? It looks irresistable!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Wow, this was for a swap, absolutely amazing! I love the mix of patterns and colors. Ode to the woman who received this gem!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am just amazed at your talent. The apron is beautiful!

Lilla said...

Very pretty apron and nice style. I would love to make and wear one myself. Have to stop to put one on.
Seem to be always hurrying.
aloha Lilla

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.