Home

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Where the bloody hell are you?

Yay! I'm back and what a week (or two) it has been. First, my computer went on the blink so not only could I not update my blog but I couldn't read any either! I had to go cold turkey as we have no other computer - it was really, really hard. But, lucky old me it was only a loose cable (could be something to do with the fact that it was pushed off a table by little Daphne...) and the invoice said $0.00 to fix. I was a very happy girl!!

Then all my children got sick. Yes all of them at once with the same virus. Chloe had a horrible cold and sore face (sinus), Lucinda came out in a spotty red rash and puffed up face, and Daphne had a red angry ear drum and awful cough. A nice collection of symptoms! So they all stayed home, and it's been raining and they are now very bored and being horrible to each other. So, not much done around here.

Tuesday was my Birthday and I had a really nice day. My beautiful girlfriends came to visit and spoilt me with lots of gorgeous goodies. I have only managed to take a photo of one present as the light has been poor with the rain. My friend Michelle is making me something and this was a little extra present. A gorgeous old tin filled with vintage button goodness - what a lovely surprise.


I shall endeavour to show you my other loot in my next post.

In the evening my lovely husband took me out for a yummy dinner at Gingerboy, a newish, very groovy Thai hawker style restaurant in the city. We had red duck curry - one of my favourite meals. A very nice treat.

Today was my friend Daphne's Birthday. She is expecting baby number three in July and is looking gorgeous. I made her a bag with a matching change mat and pockets to hold wipes and nappies. It turned out quite different to how I wanted it to and as I hadn't finished it completely I have the opportunity to make some changes. I'll post some photos before I re give it to her.

Hmmm what else have I achieved, some knitting and a little bit of quilting. I have also managed to find a fabulous Fairy for Lucinda's party which is this Friday. Fairy Sarah does games, songs and face painting and she actually does look like Barbie! So another busy week ahead!

9 comments:

pungsnotded said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Ali said...

Happy slightly belated birthday and may you escape catching the dreaded lurgy!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you, and I hope your girls are all better now. I loved reading through your blog, and your quilts are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your May sounds like my April. It was my birthday 4 days before my daughter's. It was very manic with other stuff happening too.

Happy Birthday to the both of you. I tried replying to your comments but it won't let me. Not sure why. This has happened before too. Anyway thanks for your lovely comments.

meetmeatmikes said...

ooh.. what a nice blog you have here! xx

Christina said...

So nice to have you back in blog land. I have missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! glad you figured out your technical issue w/o having to shell out too much cash!
the tin & vintage goodies are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful thoughts and divine birthday gift. I can't wait to use it in July!

Jo said...

Happy Birthday! Very jealous of your tin ...