Home

Thursday, November 8, 2007

And the winner is.......

I promised Chloe she could pull the name out of the bowl so I had to wait until she got up this morning!

'Nicole' you are the winner!!

You wrote "wow i love your 'apple & pear' fabric, its just too cute for words. thanks for the apron tutorial :o) you made it so easy i think im off to spotlight next week to get something pretty to make your apron, it will be the first 1/2 one i have as i usually prefer the full ones."

And this is your prize.

Winner's Apron Frill

As you like full aprons, hopefully you will enjoy this one!

So please email me your address so I can send the apron on its way to its new home.

And I had planned to show the other apron but it just didn't get finished. I had a nearly 2yr old who refused to sleep today which put the mozz on any sewing plans I had. And would you believe tomorrow our power will be off ALL day. Yes from about 8am- 4pm. So I think I will camp out at my mother's all day.

Anyway I WILL tell you what I am working on.

Winner's Apron

This is the first of several aprons I have designed.

Winner's Apron Frill

I plan to make some to sell and eventually want to make them into patterns.

Winner's Apron

So any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for joining in and don't forget for those who are interested, the Freshly Blended Holiday Ornament swap is open until November 9.

26 comments:

Abby said...

beautiful work... this apron is gorgeous.
luv Abby

Donna said...

Gorgeous - you are very talented particularly with the fabric choices. Go girl and get those patterns on the shelves!!

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations to Nicole! That's one beautiful apron!

Margaret said...

Now that is an apron pattern I really like, attractive and special. Better than McCall's and Simplicity etc., This will be very popular, I am sure! Love the fabrics you chose-completely beautiful coordination . . .

Kelly said...

this is a wonderful apron. i love the fabric combinations and the little rippled trim. very nice! -kb

Jo said...

That is just too cute. It makes me want to go and bake sponge cakes and scones and be all domestic, while looking gorgeous at the same time!

Jodie said...

Gorgeous apron !! I'll be a pattern tester for you if you need them. I made a pattern and got some bloggers to give it a test run and email me their suggestions- it worked so well , so i am here with the Janome if you need me
jodie

Jade said...

That looks gorgeous, Louise! And well done.....quick make those aprons and patterns, so that I can get my hands on one. :-)

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

She'll love it!!! And you made me laugh with your fact about Julian Sands...now I'm seeing him in rather a new light altogether lol!!!

Ragged Roses said...

What a gorgeous apron, I love it!!
Kim x

Jodie said...

I love this apron!! Nicole is a very lucky lady. Thanks for the link to the ornament swap. Hopefully I've joined in time!!

Jodie

lazy cow said...

Honestly, if you put a back on it I'd wear it as a dress. It's absolutely luscious.

LBA said...

this apron is *stunning* !!

i've never seen an apron styled as such - I love it !

Amy said...

Louise...What a beautiful design..and what a Lucky winner Nicole is to recieve such a work of art. I absolultely love the shape, and the ruffles...OMG they are to die for...You will be quite successful with that pattern ! Bravo !!

fi said...

fantastic colurs!i love the flounce at the bottom!clever girl!!:)

Austysmum said...

Absolutely STUNNING apron - enjoy your prize Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous apron. love it!

crafty said...

Wow! That is just lovely!

I was thinking what Lazy Cow said. With a little alteration so it wraps over at the back, it would be a divine summer dress.

hooli said...

love the looks of this apron. can't wait to get my hands on the pattern.

Melody said...

Oh. My. What a stunning design. So fancy and so, so cute! Well done and beautiful work...

KnittingBetsy said...

I would definitely buy that pattern!! What wonderful fabric selection, too!

If there is anything I'd change, maybe a band at the waist - even just decorative - and maybe a wider ruffle at the bottom to balance better with the bottom "skirt" part.

But like I said - I'd buy the pattern AS IS!! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oh, wow. i love that apron- so feminine and gorgeous- yet, really practical- your clothes would be well-protected. lovely fabric combination!

Philigry said...

beautiful! i love this!

Marla H. said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to get the pattern!!!

Alicia A. said...

That is so VERY cute! It would make such a cute dress/smock for the summer.
I'm very interested in the pattern too!

Lower Back Pain said...

Fantastic apron. Keep going. Thanks for sharing your enjoyment.
Superheroes
Mesothelioma claims