Home

Sunday, July 29, 2007

More Birthdays and more FO's

Another quick post. It's late and I have just spent ages working on the tutorial. Honestly I should have finished it ages ago but it is very fiddly inserting photos and making sure the words match up. I have finished it and am going to be brave and publish it. I hope it works and that those of you that don't sew much can make sense of it and those of you who do sew lots don't think it's a load of rubbish. Sorry it has taken so long.

I have a couple of finished objects to show you. The first is an apron I made for Lucinda's friend Oliver whose 5th Birthday party was today. He is very keen on cooking and has been helping his Dad with the dinner since his baby brother was born a couple of weeks ago. Happy Birthday Oliver!





The other is a bag I made for my sister whose Birthday was today. We had a very yummy afternoon tea at my Mum's with the family.



So now that I have those projects out of the way I am Birthday free for a little while. That means I can get a few older UFOs done and off the list. Stay tuned.........

5 comments:

Ali said...

That apron is perfect! Oliver is going to be the best dressed kitchen helper!

jessica said...

I love the quilting on the bag!

Anonymous said...

Oliver christened his gorgeous apron yesterday making chocolate crackles to take to kinder today. Thank you for another amazing present, he certainly is a proud chef in the kitchen now!

Thimbleanna said...

Great projects! I love the fabric on the bag -- the browns, the hint of polka dots, the quilting, just all of it! Great job -- and thanks for the apron tutorial! As if that's not enough, you'll have to do one for that fabulous pink and green apron??? LOL!

Melody said...

Gorgeous gifts. You'd be proud of me - I sewed some aprons for kids gifts too and I did a post about them! Heehee. I thanked you for the inspiration!!, so thank you Louise.