Home

Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm still here!

Just so you don't think I have disappeared forever, here is a quick post with a photo of my completed doll quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap II. I have been very busy with this as I did the whole thing by hand and with a toddler in the house I have to stay up late to work on it. It is now on it's way to my swap partner and I'm a little sad to part with it. It's the first time I have finished an entirely hand made quilt. I think that's the joy of doing a doll quilt, they are so achievable. I will definitely sign up for the next swap.



Once my partner recieves it I will go into some detail behind the design.

I had great plans to enter this competition and have started a bag for myself (for a change). Unfortunately I am just way too tired to finish it by today's deadline. I also have a bag and apron to finish by Sunday for two special Birthdays. So that can be my next post.

Oh and by the way, check this out. How nice! I really want to make some more things out of the Mod Girl fabric it's just gorgeous and the colours are beautiful - what a talented lady!

Next I have two quilts to complete and one to start for a special new little man. I think I'm a bit addicted to quilts now....

15 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You're one busy girl! I saw you over at Sis Boom earlier with that stunning apron! Can we say we knew you before you were famous??? ;-)

Ali said...

Louise, it's gorgeous - I love the colour combinations. Lucky swap partner.

Tamara said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I can understand why it would be hard to part. You certainly have very lucky swap partners.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were - can't wait to see the whole quilt - it looks beautiful. I wish I was your swap partner again.

Christina said...

How cute, I just LOVE the quilt and the colours work wonderfully together. Totally hand made! That is a lot of work. So nice to see what you have been up to:)

Jade said...

Beautiful fabrics, Louise! Can we please see the whole quilt? Bet you can't stop thinking about making more quilts....they're addictive.

Amy said...

Beautiful Doll Quilt. I just love the color / fabric combination you picked. Hand sew as well...really great job !! I am working on a labor of love myself right now...will post about it later this week...

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I know I've said it before, but you are so talented! You have such a good eye for putting great colours together!

The Wooden Spool said...

These are sooo super gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

tricia said...

Love the fabrics, can't wait to see more!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Lovely, I am so enjoying looking at all these quilts, its like being part of something special
Suzie Sews

Samantha Caffee said...

Hey, just found yiur blog today. LOVE it! All your fabrics are beautiful!

Abby said...

Hi,
I love ur blog.... and ur work is sooo beautiful....
luv Abby
ps ur tagged

Ragged Roses said...

What a beautiful quilt - it must be very hard for you to part with. Thanks for your lovely comments, I love popping over to your site too to see what you've been making as everything always looks so lovely.
Kim x

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't part with it. I'd quickly whip up another far less apealing one so you could keep this part...it is so great. Of course, not tell anyone. Keep making more quilts, they are wonderful.