Home

Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's all about the quilts!

It's Doll Quilt Swap reveal time again. Oh how I love these little quilts - they are so much fun and such a great way to practice all sorts of different styles and ideas.

For my DQS5 quilt I was inspired by a lovely customer at Amitie who brought in a much larger version she had made for her family.

DQS5 Day Number 8

I wanted to do a linen and red quilt. Well actually this is a really great cotton version of linen which I absolutely love using for all sorts of things.

DQS5 Day Number 18

Bit by bit I developed each little section of the quilt. Ideas came from magazines, my creative 8 year old Chloe, the quilt I saw at work and from bits and pieces I had floating about.

DQS5 Day Number 2

I am hugely pleased with the result and hope my partner likes it. This one I had trouble parting with!!

DQS5 Christmas Advent Calendar

DQS5 Advent Calendar Quilt

IMG_4281.JPG

So luckily I was distracted by the arrival of my quilt and WOW it's absolutely beautiful!

My beautiful received DQS5 quilt

The colours are so very pretty and the design and construction just amazing! Thanks so much Lucinda I LOVE it and it will be going up on the wall in my daughters' bedroom after we repaint after Christmas. Go and have a look here at all her other gorgeous quilts.

My beautiful received DQS5 quilt

We have enjoyed putting up the Christmas Tree this week and added some new ornaments. How cute is this!

New ornament

And look what I picked up last Friday.

New Audrey & Maude pattern

And if you are desperate to get started on another little quilt swap, the Four Season's Quilt Swap has popped up again. It's slightly different this time but I can't resist the challenge. Can you?

30 comments:

Unknown said...

he he he - told you your partner was a good 'un, didn't I? That quilt is amazing, Lucinda's a clever bunny. But HANG ON, that quilt you made is beyond PERFECT, did I not tell you the new rules for DQS? Oh, sorry. If you send out later than specified end date you must make an exact copy of your quilt for your swap mama. In fact, I am pretty sure the rules are you need to make one for each of the swap mamas. So, we'll be expecting them all shortly. Obviously in time for Christmas, yes?

Beth said...

Your quilt is AMAZING! I can't get over it. What brand is the cotton linen and where can I get my hands on it??

Also, I checked all your online retailers for the new pattern, I can't wait to get my hands on it. On the edge of my seat!

Can't decide about Four Seasons again.

Amanda Jean said...

both of the quilts are amazing! what a great swap! did you leave the edges on your quilt squares raw? I couldn't quite tell from the photo. the red and linen color combination is hard to beat! nice job!

John said...

OK, so I think this wins the prize for the best 1-2 punch of the swap ... the best given and received by a single person!! These are two of my favorite little quilts EVER. GREAT job!

Thimbleanna said...

LOUISE!!!! You've done it again! I LOVE your quilt. And how lucky, you've received a beautiful quilt in return! I love (and second) John's comment too!

Andi said...

Ditto to all the other comments. You and Lucinda are both very clever and very lucky girls.
Andi :-)

Cass said...

Great quilts. I love them both

Sue said...

My goodness your quilt is just so delightful. I love the linen you used too, are you going to tell us where you bought it or is it a little secret. The quilt you received is just beautiful, you really are a lucky girl.

Unknown said...

Oh my these are both so lovely!

Anonymous said...

2 gorgeous quilts but why am I not surprised :-). Love your toadstool ornament.
Lisa x

SewAmy said...

love all the pictures that you posted. Your quilt is so cute.

Anonymous said...

your quilt is absolutely divine!! It is so so so beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the red and linen of your advent quilt. It's gorgeous and so happy.
Thanks for including pics of my quilt! So happy you like it. I was hoping those were good colors for you...

Lily Mulholland said...

Two great quilts. Lucky you! And congrats on another fab Audrey & Maude pattern :)

Corrie said...

ahhh well done on the pattern, ,that very very cute dolls quilt and look what you received! quilt city at your place!

a friend to knit with said...

oh my! i am again in awe. your stitching is absolutely PERFECT!!!! lovely quilt. i am sure you had a terrible time packing that beauty!!!

but yes.......receiving something so beautiful was sure to lift the spirits fast!!! :)

Kylie said...

I would have found it hard parting with it too - but looks like you got something to replace the spot!

Kellie said...

Louise you have done it again! Congratulations on the new pattern I am sure it will run out the doors! And the quilt you recieved is one of my favorites from this round, lucky you!

Melody said...

Wow...beautiful work. Again.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What lovely little quilts...

Nikki said...

You have quilting super-powers!!! I love your use of simple fabrics and stitches to make such a fabulous little quilt.

Helen said...

Lucinda's quilt is stunning !lucky you! I was hoping to get that one. lol

Anonymous said...

I love the advent calendar quilt, the use of the linen and the red fabric and the stitching........perhaps a new pattern for next year. I love yr christmas tree quilt too.

Di said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the idea!! And the quilt you received is pretty amazing too!! I think it will look great in your daughters bedroom! I have been making Christmas decorations all weekend for the 3rd Annual Ornament swap!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you whipped that pattern up quickly!

The advent quilt is just lovely. Well done!

Philigry said...

wow! those wuilts are fantastic! love them. that little mushroom is so cute too!

Annie said...

I can see why you had trouble parting with your little quilt, but the distraction of the other beautiful one was timely for you. It is fantastic.

Whispy Love said...

That first one is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oh wow.

Simply wow. YOur quilt? amazing. and the star one? stunning.

Christine said...

Wow ... I love both the quilts.
Christine