Home

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Post Holiday Chaos

Well what a busy start to Term 4 it has been. Not only did school and kinder go back but we had swimming, tennis, violin and Greek school and to top it off a whole school concert (500+ kids) last Friday night. I was so tired on Saturday I wanted to cry and the kids were also a bit worse for wear. I think part of the problem is that it's getting light really early now and they are awake at the crack of dawn.

Then on Tuesday Daphne came down with croup which is just horrible. She had a barking, painful cough and laboured breathing and was utterly miserable . All she has wanted to do all week is sit on me so I had to organise lots of help with school and kinder pickups - aren't Grandparents wonderful! She's getting back to her old self slowly but it seems to have really exhausted her.

So, sorry for the gap in communication. I know some of you have been waiting to see some holiday snaps so here goes.

A great view.

A great view of Merimbula

A bit of lounging about.

Sisterly love

Some swimming.

Girls at the beach

A bit of sandman building.

Sandman

Some shell collecting.

Seashells

Cheeky kangaroo feeding.

Feeding Kangaroos

Spiky echinda patting.

Patting and Echidna

And Daphne made quite a few discoveries.

Playing with wet sand is lots of fun.

Daphne's first play with sand

Eating icecream in a cone is very yummy and very messy.

Daphne's first icecream

And that the world looks really good from this angle.

Daphne's new view of the world

Really good!

Daphne's preferred view of the beach

A great break for us all.

The girls at the beach

I started knitting a skirt for Chloe while we were away and must have been channeling the lovely Leslie because I finished it just after we arrived home. I finally found time today to sew in the waistband and add the elastic.

Chloe's skirt

I had to increase the needle size to get the right size and I think it may still shrink a bit. I like it as it is but I think I will have another go at one for Lucinda and add some more stitches on the increase row to make it a bit swirlier. I'm sure she'd like that being a five year old girl.

And look what other little project I have been ploughing on with.

Train Quilt

Now to quilting it. I have had some great chats to the girls at Amitie and come up with some really cool quilting ideas - you will have to wait and see though.

Train quilt back

I have two or three (or four or five) other quilting projects waiting so I want to get this finished and to its new owner as soon as I can.

I have also whipped up a bag for a girlfriend's birthday.

Regina's bag

I enjoyed a great night out with the girls from my mother's group last night and gave it to her then. Enjoy it Reggie, I hope you like it.

Inside the bag

I'll leave you with a snap I took earlier this week while at a friend's. They were looking after Daphne and brought out all their dress up jewellery which is one her favourite games. She's had such a tough week since then poor little girl and this photo just makes me smile.

Daphne and her jewels

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah - peer pressure does the work! Good to see another post.

Ali said...

Poor Daphne (she's getting so grown up now). And I am in love with the backing of your quilt.

pinkgreen said...

Sounds like a fab holiday. You'll need another one soon at this rate - you do sound so busy!
Cathy X

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

You are really so clever and creative!! I love the photos of your family and hope Daphne's all better now!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow, you've been busy! The vacation looks great -- and the girls are adorable. I love the quilts -- can't wait to see the quilting you've come up with. And lucky, lucky Reggie!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Not only are those holiday pics lovely, your projects are great as well! You certainly have been busy. Is the stripey quilt the back of the train one, or a separate quilt?

a friend to knit with said...

WOW! Your vacations looked fantastic!!! Such wonderful photos!

You have been quite the busy one! Love the skirt SO much!
The quilt is beautiful, and that bag that you "whipped" up is just lovely!

Glad your little one is on the mends....we have had croup...that barking cough is awful!
have a wonderful weekend!

Abby said...

oh wow..... louise you have been super busy....
your work is sooo awesome I don't know where to start.
hope daphne is feeling better... we have had a round of tonsilitis in our house... I completely understand.
luv Abby

Anonymous said...

that photo makes me smile also, i am so sorry to hear how sick she was, my son charlie gets that way too. i wish i had more to give him other than my lap, seems to suit him just fine though.
christie
www.punkychicken.typepad.com

Jodie said...

Oh glad that awful croup is going - it is so scary.
The quilt is great and I love the little stripey bits on the back - great pics

crafty said...

What gorgeous children, I love that last shot of Daphne.

Croup is awful, my middle girl was prone to croup, she had it quite badly a few times it does make them miserable and clingy.

I hope you are having a restful weekend, phew!

Sue said...

Love the holiday snaps. The skirtsicle turned out really lovely too, and I think I need to make a few extra increases on Isabelle's next skirt too. Love the quilt and the bag, you have been so busy crafting.

Jade said...

Everything looks fab! The girls look gorgeous...and I love both the train quilt and the bag. The fabric you used on the bag, is it japanese? Poor Daphne! We had Camille with gastro over our way, ugh! Not fun!

LBA said...

My Goodness !!
Don't believe in rest ?!

So where'd you go on lovely holidays ? The pics look gorgeous, as do those quilts..

Angel Jem said...

What wonderful pictures! As we enter Autumn (and winter, by the looks of it) with no summer to speak of this year, it always strikes me as remarkable that you Southerners are going into spring and summer! Hope the beach-worthy days continue!

Anonymous said...

the bags look fantastic and the kangroos! I want to feed them, you are so lucky.

Mandi said...

I love the beach shots...looks so lovely and what adorable kids ...also love your sewing very clever..thanks for sharing..

Mandi said...

I love the beach shots...looks so lovely and what adorable kids ...also love your sewing very clever..thanks for sharing..