This is just a quick post tonight as I have some fabric cutting to do. I received my swap partner for the doll quilt swap and I am so excited about it I just have to get started. My apron is safely on its way to Miss Marzie and hopefully she will like it. I will probably do a show and tell about it tomorrow night.
I have been sewing and knitting this past week and have nearly completed a pinafore for Chloe. Unfortunately my sewing machine light globe went and I was sewing on black at night. I didn't realise until the next morning that I had been using blue thread. Luckily the bobbin had run out and I had decided to leave it otherwise I would have top stitched it - another unpicking disaster avoided!
I also whipped up an apron for my neice Lexie who turned four. Inspiration struck at around 3am after Daphne had woken us up. I had to do a retro number and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Mind you it is big enough to fit her for another 10 years I think.
Last week I had an email regarding the apron I made for Lucinda a while ago asking for some advice on making one. It has now inspired me to have a go at doing a tutorial for a simple child's apron. So bear with me and I will try to get it done this week. I need to have light for the photos and as we've been having a lot of foggy, dark days that's getting a little difficult. I will do my best.
On that note, I am off to the cutting board to work on my secret project. I am so in love with these fabrics I could just eat them! Unfortunately you have to wait until July to see it.