I am determined to get through the pile of unfinished projects that is looming in the corner.
First off the list is the quilt I gave my brother for Christmas - it just needed to have the handquilting finished. Done!!
This pattern is called Mitali - designed by the very lovely Mitali, my amitie colleague. It's great for using up lots of scraps and having some fun with the perle thread.
And yesterday I finished a cushion for one of Daph's little friends. I went through a lot of changes with this design. First I found a big mark on the white fabric so had to chop it off. Then sudden inspiration hit and I added the row of bunting and another colour. It also meant the bird is standing on something which is good really!
I had extra bits appliqued on it and really wasn't happy. That's why it kept getting put back on the pile. So I simplified it and then went nuts with the quilting - and I love the finished result.
It was given to its new owner yesterday and has apparently been slept on so it is well loved already which makes me very happy!
There is more to come.......