Home

Friday, July 30, 2010

This year is flying by and I have found it hard to keep up with documenting what I have been making. So I have decided to make a big effort to remember to take photos during daylight hours instead of thinking about it at 9pm when I finally get to sit down and sew.

Ahh where to begin.....

My lovely boss Jennifer Kingwell weaves magic when it comes to putting fabric and quilt designs together and this Block of the Month quilt Green Tea and Sweet Beans is no exception.

A slow and lovely work in progress

Of course the last month has gone out to participants now and I am still mucking about in month four and five but I always knew it would be a slow and lovely project that will one day get finished.

Green Tea and Sweet Beans BOM

As I am quite new to quilting my experience with older style blocks is fairly limited.

Propellers!

This quilt seemed a perfect opportunity to try and master curves and other more difficult piecing and of course I absolutely love doing needle turn applique of which there is plenty.

Month 2

And bonus, the fabrics are chosen for me by the clever lady herself so I only need to concentrate on putting it together.

Hexie love!

Slowly.....

I am also working on a little quilt for the Down Under doll quilt swap

A little sneak peak!

And I also have another pattern underway for a very pretty girly quilt.

New Ideas brewing!

But I'm sure it will be a while before that comes to life.

There is more but that's enough for today.

Oh and for those who really love the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt don't despair, it will be available as a pattern very soon. And Jenny is about to start her new BOM called 'The Circle Game'. If you were ever going to learn how to hand piece a circle then this is your project!

7 comments:

Tracey Petersen said...

I love the bright colours across the newsprint fabric.

One Flew Over said...

Your Green Tea quilt will be beautiful!

Thimbleanna said...

OhMyGosh. It all looks so fabulous! I LOVE LOVE the gorgeous colors and fabrics!

Kate said...

So glad it will be available as a pattern soon I always regretted not signing up.
Love the peaks at everyting you are sewing.

Corrie said...

it all looks gorgeous! I haven't popped into your blog for ages as it got a bit quiet there but I see I have a lot of pretty quilts to catch up on!

Corrie;)

a friend to knit with said...

wow. you have been quite busy...
everything looks SO great.
i am STILL trying to piece together "covers" for my boys!
one day.

Tamara said...

Don't despair Louise, I was going really well with my GT&SB for the first 6 months and then nothing...knowing I'm not the only one who has fallen behnd may well inspire me to jump back in and continue... loving your Doll Quilt by the way;) xt